
Meet baby Joey Stivic, played by Jason and his twin brother Justin when they were newborns. Born in Santa Monica, their parents were approached about being on All In The Family as Meathead's son/Archie Bunker's grandson. The infamous doll was "anatomically correct" - very controversial in the 70's - and when you feed it a bottle it "wets."
I found a baby Joey doll on Ebay back when I was in college, thinking I would surprise Jason with this great relic from his Hollywood past. He had never mentioned it, so I didn't think he knew about it. When I gave it to him he laughed and said, "Oh, you found out about the doll." So much for my $50 gift!
Here are some shots from the set:
Justin with "Gloria" - how prophetic that fire truck was!
Jason with "Archie"
The All In The Family season 6 DVD is in stores NOW!!!
(I couldn't resist!)
Our other famous one is the little girl. OK, the doll was not made after her - that's really hard to beat - but there does exist a Baby Stella doll and I do have one of those too. Complete with magentic paci and "pebbles" hairstyle! Aren't we just a family of celebrities... except me. Ahh, I will just be happy playing with my dolls. Of my family.
Autographs available upon request.
*Added on 7/11/08 - A friend reminded me today that I have a song named after me, so I guess that evens everything out! {FYI my maiden name is Lee.}






4 comments:
I love it! I love that I know the top picture is Justin and the bottom one Jason - I can tell them apart - good thing viewers couldn't! :) Also- are you doing the Clinic Walk in Long Beach? That might be fun! Let me know!
So glad he didn't win!!!! :)
Wow - didn't realize I was logged in as Pink Lemonade on that last comment! :)
Let us never forget that Billy Joel wrote a song just about you. He never did that for Archie Bunker.
Post a Comment