
We went to Sesame Street Live at the Nokia. It was... an experience. I'm not sure that a 2 1/2 year old, or at least my 2 1/2 year old, and a big show are a good match. Here was my first clue. As we stood in line outside to scan our tickets, Stella told me her diaper was wet. Because I couldn't change it immediately, she freaked out. She pulled her dress up, ripped her diaper off and threw it into the air, and threw herself down on the cement to throw a fit, naked bottom and all. Once we got to the bathroom she decided she didn't want a new diaper on, so I had to straddle her on the nasty bathroom tile and pin her down for about ten minutes. This is an additional bonus when you have a belly going on. Luckily things improved once the show started. She yelled to Elmo ("Emo") and clapped along. The finale was that she dumped her box of popcorn on the floor, then began picking it up and eating it. I am no germophobe, but the whole experience just made me want to be scrubbed down by a haz mat team. But, at the end of the day, it makes a great story for her one day, so I am happy with that!
.

No comments:
Post a Comment